Art in Progress Party
January 29, 2005:
Mother of Art-in-Progress Party
Time Passes. The artists
get older. But they have more art. And some of them have bigger
homes. And are more pregnant. And make art about that.
This year's event was held at Irene & Gary's fabulous new home.
It had a fire burning in the fireplace but wasn't too hot.
Miraculous. Also, this year we were graced with presentations by
visiting artists from the east coast (Brad and Damon!), in addition to
the Nashville contingent. Goal for next year: get Rose to
come from far away Valparaiso. [Is that the right town?]
Opening reading of Grace Paley's
"The Poet's Occasional Alternative"
1. Mark F. - "Let Me Be Your Lame Excuse" and home-brewed
2. Dan B. w/back-up from Mark F. - "karaoke" performance
3. Damon D. - slide show of new home and rewriting of Ouroborus
4. Christine S.- alpaca hat and scarf for baby
5. Rachel H.- head sculpture
6. Rachel' H's son-in-law George - photo of painting of fantasy
7. Debbie C. - short story excerpt about an adjunct faculty member
8. Peter O. and Mary B. - 2 parts of a Really Old Timey Song
9. Irene S. - Momdom comic
10. Jen H. - guitar and singing - Janis Joplin cover?
11. Anna and Irene - excerpts from The Adventures of Anti-Career
Girl, Issue 2
12. Brad - book excerpt - parody of Through the Lookingglass
13. Paula K. - excerpt from All in My Head
14. John L. - rat excerpt from the rat story
15. Irene's friend - torch songs with guitar accompaniment
16. Reinhold S. - metal sculpture
17. Marg F. - story jumping off from "Things Change" and letter
rejecting "Things Change" with John
18. Frances C.-S. - Ben paper doll (with multiple outfits)
Other attendees: Sharon
R., Michael S., Gary S., Marc B., Ruth S., Heather B., Jessie V., numerous
Please send materials or links for archive to Marg.
last updated 3/18/06